Uniform & Equipment
All students must wear the full academy uniform at all times.
- School shoes must be plain black school shoes made of a polishable material. We do not permit high boots, ankle boots, high visibility buckles/bows/coloured laces or tags etc. Trainers or canvas shoes are not permitted.
- School trousers should be plain black school trousers. Trousers that are ‘skinny fit’, tight or short length are not permitted.
- Skirts must be black pleated skirts and skirts must be worn correctly (not rolled up or fastened to higher than the intended length). The skirt must always be worn with plain black tights (minimum of 60 denier).
- Socks should be plain black ankle socks.
- School shirts must be plain white and formal shirts. These must be tucked in at all times.
- The academy blazer is to be worn at all times, including in corridors and open spaces/dining halls etc. Please note that sleeves must be rolled down (students can remove blazers in classrooms with teacher permission).
- Students must wear the academy tie. The top button on the shirt must be fastened and the tie worn appropriately. The tie should cover all shirt buttons.
- Make-up must not be worn
- Hoodies are not allowed on the academy site at all. Hoodies will be confiscated. Outdoor coats must be removed once inside the academy building.
- Jewellery must not be worn. A wrist watch is the only permissible exception (not a smart watch).
- No bottles, planners or any other large items (including food) are allowed in blazer pockets. These items must be placed in the student’s bag. Students are required to bring a school bag every day (along with their planner and a pencil case) and therefore all items should be stored within this.
- No phones, smart watches or any other electrical devices are allowed (at any time in the academy – this includes after school activities).
- Energy drinks, of any kind, are not allowed in the academy.
Often, lists are not exhaustive as it is not possible to catalogue every scenario that could be deemed a breach of our policy. Please note that the senior leadership team reserves the right to determine what may or may not be a breach of our own policies.